- By: admin
- 0 comment
The roof is one of the most important elements of any building. A solid roof construction provides shelter from rain, snow, wind and sunlight. However, even the best-made roof could not perform its function properly without a good gutter system. It is the gutters that enable effective removal of excess water from the surface. This is extremely important during heavy rainfall, which without a rapid drainage from the roof, could permanently damage it and adversely affect its technical condition. In our store there are both metal and plastic gutters. Which of them to choose? We will try to answer this question in today’s entry.
Are metal gutters better than plastic ones?
Today, both types of gutter systems are of comparable quality and durability. Metal gutters have a longer history and therefore many people equate them with better quality. The better quality of metal gutters is just a myth these days. Today’s plastic gutters are made of very resistant and durable plastic (most often it is high impact, non-plasticized polyvinyl chloride), so when choosing plastic gutter systems, we don’t have to worry about their durability and longevity.
Advantages of plastic gutters:
– They are cheaper than metal ones.
– Their construction is lighter than metal gutters.
– Installation of plastic gutters is extremely easy.
– They have a very low coefficient of roughness, which makes water run down them very quickly and dirt settles on them very slowly.
– They are resistant to changing weather conditions and corrosion.
– They are produced in different colors, so they can match the color of the roof and facade.
– They do not require maintenance.
Advantages of metal gutters:
– They are more resistant to extreme high and low temperatures than plastic gutters.
– Maintain high dimensional stability under varying weather conditions.
– Aesthetic appearance that perfectly matches the classic architecture.
Where do plastic gutters work and where do metal ones?
Metal gutters will be an excellent choice if our roof is exposed to extreme temperatures (both high and low). They will also be a good option in areas that receive heavy snowfall. Plastic gutters, on the other hand, will work well in wooded areas where falling leaves and needles could damage and scratch metal guttering. Choosing the right gutter system depends on many factors, important criteria are also the size of our wallet and our taste.
Do not know what type of gutter will be most suitable for you? Contact us and get professional help and a free quote
Leave a Reply